We invite you to join a growing, dynamic and always innovating team at Wello, as our Vice President, Business Development! The VP, Business Development, based in Toronto, ON will be a key member of the leadership team and is expected to build strategic alliances and relationships with key partners. We are seeking an ambitious individual who has demonstrated the knowhow to win through consistent performance above plan, someone who is committed to the standard of excellence that is required to succeed and remains resolutely dedicated to a successful experience for customers.
The VP, Business Development will be a self-starter and successful dealmaker with proven skills that can lead and evolve the INLIV sales organization, identify and implement key sales strategies, and support vital business alliances that will contribute to INLIV’s long-term revenue growth. The VP must understand market dynamics and have keen knowledge and awareness of competitive products, solutions and offerings. You should possess a high level of drive, energy and executive presence and will continuously improve efficiencies, processes, procedures and personnel in all areas of responsibility to keep pace with growth of company. This role, reporting to the CEO, will help shape the future of the Wello program and to realize our goals and values as an organization.
A. Our vision contribution to the world and big hairy audacious goal is to “Help Solve the Canadian Health Care Crisis and measured by inspiring the health of 3.5 million Canadians annually with our services.”
B. Our core purpose of our team to wake up every morning and inspire people to live amazing lives.
C. Our values of Team (we believe teams solve big problems together), Care (above and beyond for team and clients), Passion (a culture where you can feel the intangible emotions of people’s work) and Growth (where we are very happy to throw away the past processes and innovate new People & Culture ideas).
- Lead business development initiatives for the company nationally;
- Uphold INLIV’s core values of care, team, passion and growth in all interactions with team members and clients;
- Continue developing a customer centric approach, delivering the Wello product to the market;
- Develop and maintain relationship with current and new clients and prospects;
- Ensure and maintain current knowledge of industry practices and competitors’ actions;
- Manage a fast growth, start up environment;
- Work with Marketing to develop effective campaigns to increase sourced leads and accelerate closure rates;
- Identify and connect with key stakeholders, leading the charge with delivering the Wello product;
- Develop, lead and engage a high performance, solutions-oriented group, comprised of both the internal team and external partners. People development, coaching and leadership is key to success, and;
- Personally engage in closing sales and helping INLIV evolve the strategy that will enable the greatest success in the marketplace.
- At a minimum an undergraduate degree is required. An MBA or advanced degree is preferred;
- 10+ years of sales experience with at least 5 years at an executive level;
- Strong knowledge and experience in the insurance industry, working with resellers, brokers and other sales channels;
- Proficient technology skills and aptitude toward learning digital solutions in the workplace;
- Strong problem solving skills in order to engage in joint problem solving activities with clients and internal team;
- Excellent organizational and presentation - output oriented and able to accomplish results within firm timelines;
- Analytical ability and attention to detail will be integral;
- Strong interpersonal skills - articulate communicator and excellent listener. Presentation skills will need to be excellent;
- Ability to function in a collaborative and collegial environment; high integrity and intelligence;
- Conceptual thinker - strategic as well as pragmatic;
- Fluency in a second language, ideally French, will be preferred;
- Experience building and/or managing a high performance sales team, retaining top talent and removing non-performers. Solid leadership and management experience including strategic thinking, innovation, coaching and mentoring, scaling, collaboration;
- Experience building and leveraging critical partnerships in support of Wello’s business model, strategy and product roadmap
- Proven track record in identifying, building, managing complex business partnerships that involve revenue generation and product integration
- Proven track record in actively engaging via in-person and virtual meetings with senior leaders within prospect and client organizations and developing / maintaining active relationships with key organizations
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to evaluate deal alternatives. Ability to identify and prioritize risks that transactions pose to various aspects of the business;
- Ability to influence particularly in negotiating and closing business deals
- Understanding of market and competitive environment including deal activity and potential opportunities.